Beaver News #91 - April 15, 2019
Get the BEAVER NEWS delivered to your inbox:
We are doing a happy dance because we reached 1,000 subscribers on Youtube - Yabba Dabba Doo!! We even got an email from Youtube congratulating us 🙂Our most watched video is the one about our signature 3D cartridge loops that has over 35,700 views, 41 comments, and 398 likes.
In that video, Mark explains how he builds these loops onto belts, holsters, staging strips, etc in a way that they don't expand and become too loose for your cartridges to the point that they fall out.
Because we got such a big response to that video Mark shows you in this week's video how we actually make these Signature 3D cartridge loops.
It's not step-by-step instructions but it shows you the process of what goes into it. You'll see:
- the template he uses
- how he cuts out the leather - make sure you check out the tricks of the trade and pro tips he tells you
- then he's beveling the edges and makes a stitching groove
- to be ready to punch the slots and then dye the piece
- Now it's time for the loop material to get prepared
- it gets riveted to the base piece and then pulled through the slots to create the cartridge loops